The Center for the Analysis of Foreign Policy (CAFP) / Centre d'Analyse de la Politique Etrangère (CAPE) is a think tank dedicated to the promotion of the European Union as a leading force in international relations. Its analysis focus on European Affairs as well as on international events - The CAFP's vision - French Version - Serbian Version
If you wish to write an article for the CAPE or to support our goals, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Conference by Cercle 18, one of CAPE's partners
"Why Malaria Still Kills in 2018", Dr Mégo Terzian, President, Doctors Without Borders
Paris, May 15th 2018, 7 pm
To register, click here
- Conference organised by Cercle 18, one of CAPE's partners
"Will we see the end of hunger in 2030? a analysis on Africa, a focus on Madagascar" (in French)
with Jean-Christophe Debar (Director of the FARM Foundation) et Thomas Ribémont (Président of "Action contre la Faim")
February 5th, 2018 at Dentons's Law Office, 5 boulevard Malesherbes, 75008 Paris
- Conference organised by France-Turkménistan, one of CAPE's partners
"Kazakhstan, young nation between China, Russia, and Europe" (in French); January 25th, 2018
With Lise Barcellini, independent journalist (France 24, France 5)
- Conference organised by CAPE at the French National Assembly
Salle Colbert, January 17th, 2018
Title of the conference : "South Caucasus : Understanding a neighbor of the European Union"
The Journal du Parlement and Médiapart, in French, are giving a summary of this event
- CONFERENCE CAPE - EU INFO CENTER BELGRADE: "Afghanistan, Pakistan: what they mean for EU and for Serbia"
13 December 2017
Press Review of the Conference
- CONFERENCE ORGANISED BY IPRI AND THE HANNS SEIDEL FOUNDATION
"Regional dynamics and Strategic Concerns in South Asia"
November 14-15, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Talk by Didier Chaudet : "The rise of China : the 'shift' from Geostrategy to Geoeconomics and what it means for South Asia"
- CONFERENCE AT THE FOREIGN SERVICE ACADEMY (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan)
November 13, 2017. Talk given by Didier Chaudet, on : "The Rohingya Crisis : impact on South Asia"
Program of the conference here
- CONFERENCE ORGANISED BY 'FRANCE - TURKMENISTAN'
"The New Silk Roads : Memory, Scale, Achievements and Perspectives", by Christian Vicenty.
June 13, 2017. For more information, click here
- CONFERENCE ORGANISED BY 'FRANCE - TURKMENISTAN' & CAPE
"China's diplomacy towards its West : Focus on Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan", by Didier Chaudet
May 16, 2017. For more d'information, click here
- CONFERENCE ORGANISED BY CAPE
"North and South Caucasus : Geopolitical state of affairs and what it means for French national interests", Didier Chaudet, Editing Director, CAPE
February 24, 2017
For more information, click here
- CONFERENCE ORGANISED BY FRANCE - TURKMENISTAN
Our partner, the association 'France - Turkménistan' invites Pierre Conesa, to talk about :
"Saudi Arabia's Religious diplomacy in post-Soviet Central Asia : focus on Kyrgyzstan"
February 15, 2017
January 24 2017, Military University, 18h-20h
"Post-Soviet Eurasia : a time bomb?"
For more information, click here.
- 2nd of November, 2016: Public Debate organized by EU Info Center Belgrade and European Movement Serbia on "development, freedom, equality and solidarity hand in hand (social cohesion)", with the participation of a CAPE member, Nicolas Bizel as representative of the EU Delegation in Serbia
- 25th of May, 2016 : Conference organized by France-Turkménistan, one of our partners
"The New Silk Roads: what is at stake". Speaker: Christian Lechervy, former French Ambassador to Turkmenistan, now France's Ambassador for the States' Community in the South Pacific.
For more information, see here (in French)
Consult here all the CAPE conferences
FOR AN UP-TO-DATE VERSION OF THE WEBSITE, GO TO : http://www.capeurope.eu/fr/
- Follow Didier Chaudet's analysis for the newspaper Réforme in "Geopolitics on the Silk Road", on diplomatic, security-related and political events in Asia and Eurasia
- After the Italian elections : lessons for France and the EU, Laurent Coligny, Notes du CAPE n˚25, 30th April 2018 (in French)
- Chinese migrants in the Russian Far East : analyzing without presuppositions, Didier Chaudet, Eurasian Analysis n˚3, 20th April 2018
- Russia and the Italian elections : an analysis, Laurent Coligny, Eurasian Analysis n˚2, 6th April 2018 (in French)
- French Politics : UDI's evolutions, good news for French centrism, Didier Chaudet & Nicolas Bizel, Notes du CAPE n˚24, 5th April 2018 (in French)
- Understanding Russia's foreign polity towards the Afghan issue : a three-part analysis (in French) by Didier Chaudet for Asialyst :
. Afghanistan : is the Kremlin supplying weapons to the Taliban?, 15th February 2018
. Afghanistan : Russia's choice of the Taliban and of a war on ISIS, 22nd February 2018
. Afghanistan : Russia's strategy in Central Asia and towards the afghan regional environment, 2nd March 2018
- A Russian solution to the Yemen War?, Didier Chaudet, Réforme, 2 March 2018 (in French)
- Afghanistan 2018, chaos and the Taliban, Didier Chaudet, The Conversation, 14 February 2018 (in French)
- Saakashvili's "adventures" in Ukraine : a political analysis, Christine Dugoin-Clément, Eurasian Analysis n˚1, 4th January 2018 (in French)
- 2017 : the year Russia reaffirmed itself as a Great Power in the Middle East, Didier Chaudet, Réforme, 22nd December 2017 (in French)
- Net neutrality in danger?, Christine Dugoin-Clément, Les Echos, 14th December 2017 (in French)
- Does the Muslim world needs its own Luther?, Didier Chaudet, Réforme, 7th November 2017 (in French)
- Tensions in South Asia : why Kashmir is important, Didier Chaudet, Notes du CAPE n˚23, 6th November 2017 (in French)
- Central and Eastern Europe as part of the EU : was enlargment a mistake?, Laurent Coligny, Notes du CAPE n˚22, 1st November 2017 (in French)
- Mongolia : Politics and Diplomacy, Didier Chaudet, Notes du CAPE n˚21, 15th September 2017 (in French)
- What could be Ukraine's strategy after ZAPAD?, Christine Dugoin, Les Echos, 9th September 2017 (in French)
- Iran and its internal "War On Terror", Didier Chaudet, The Conversation, 4th September 2017 (in French)
- Analysis of the last cyberattack and what it meanss for Ukraine, Christine Dugoin-Clément, Huffington Post, 30th August 2017 (in French)
- Afghanistan : using mercenaries for war?, Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post Québec, 16th August 2017 (in French)
- Russia : spatiopolitical diplomacy, Christine Dugoin-Clément, Les Echos, 12th August 2017 (in French)
- Is America losing in Afghanistan?, Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post Québec, 8th August 2017 (in French)
- MoDem, UDI, 'Constructifs': time to rethink French centrism?, Notes du CAPE n˚20, 6th August 2017 (in French)
- 3 questions about... cyberattacks, interview (in French) with Christine Dugoin-Clément, 5th August 2017
- Russia in Central Asia: will Moscow lose its influence on its 'Near Abroad' in the future?, Diplomatie n˚86, June 2017, pp.47-51
- The Centrist victory during Iran's presidential elections is no surprise, Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post, 23 mai 2017 (in French)
- Another presidential Election, in Iran, Didier Chaudet, Réforme / Geopolitics On the Silk Road, 17th May 2017
- How Russia could find common ground with Emmanuel Macron's France, Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post, 9th May 2017 (in French)
- Using radios in order to influence : the French experience in Afghanistan, Romain Mielcarek, DSI, 4th May 2017
- Emmanuel Macron : a roadmap for a new foreign policy (2), Didier Chaudet, Notes du CAPE n°19, 28th April 2017
- Emmanuel Macron : a roadmap for a new foreign policy (1), Didier Chaudet, Notes du CAPE n°18, 27th April 2017
- Romain Mielcarek, "The Afghan Taliban : an intuitive rather than sophisticated influence", DSI, 20th April 2017
- Romain Mielcarek, "Daesh: from propaganda to influence", DSI, 15th April 2017
- Assessment of Obama's legacy in foreign affairs (2) : South-West Asia (Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan), Didier Chaudet, Réforme, 20th January 2017
- Assessment of Obama's legacy in foreign affairs (1) : Central Asia, Didier Chaudet, Réforme, 20th January 2017
- Asian Geopolitics : the need to avoid simplistic analyses, Didier Chaudet, Réforme, 23rd December 2016
- Andrei Karlov's assassination and what it means for Turkey and Russia (in French), Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post, 20th December 2016
- China, Russia, Iran, Pakistan agree on the Afghan issue (in French), Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post, 16th December 2016
- Importance of an ambitious French diplomacy in the Caucasus (in French), Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post, 9th December 2016
- After the elections : the French foreign policy towards Eurasia (in French), Didier Chaudet, Huffington Post, 1st December 2016
- No such thing as a "succession war" as Uzbekistan enters the post-Karimov era, Mathieu Boulègue, Registan, 8th September 2016
- NATO moves from reassurance to actual deterrence against Russia, Mathieu Boulègue, Registan, 16th August 2016
- In Crimea, rise of military tensions or a clever diplomatic move? (in French), Mathieu Boulègue, Huffington Post, 16th August 2016
- Иран и Брексит, Дидье Шоде, 07/07/2016
- The Brexit as a tool to support an independent Europe, Pavel Kowaleski, Notes du CAPE n°17, 28th June 2016
- The Brexit and independent Scotland: how the EU should react, Laurent Coligny, Notes du CAPE n°16, 28th June 2016